PCA RockHard™ is a commercial grade hardener / densifier providing new and old or existing concrete with a dust proof, waterproof, chemical and moisture resistant surface. A quick dry and water-based technology ensures an ease of application internally and externally, making it also ideal for concrete polishing.
- Increase useful life of concrete surfaces
- Deep penetration for long term performance
- Ideal for dustproofing
- Easy to handle and apply
- Clear protection
- Water based formulation
- Internal and external use
- Economical concrete treatment
- Mould and mildew resistant
- Reduces porosity and permeability
- Oil and water resistant
- Increase surface hardness
- Increase chemical resistance
- Does not blister, yellow, peel, flake or crack
- Can be used on new or old
- Ideal for concrete polishing
Suitable for use: Ideal for concrete polishing on new and old surfaces. Mould, Mildew, Oil and water resistant. Increases surface hardens with clear protection and Reduces porosity and permeability
Surfaces should be clean from dust, dirt, oils, grease, curing compounds, other coatings, efflorescence and laitance before applying PCA RockHard™. If strong acidic or caustic cleaners are used, neutralise the surface with a diluted solution of PCA Stone Degreaser™, thoroughly and completely wash/rinse to remove any residues.
- Ensure the surface is clean and dry
- Cover surfaces not intended to be treated.
- Apply an even first coat using a low-pressure sprayer or a lambswool applicator.
- Allow product to penetrate the surface for 15-20 minutes and thoroughly wipe all excess with clean and absorbent towels.
- The second coat should be applied evenly after the initial application as directed in steps 3-4.
- After final application, thoroughly wipe all excess with clean and absorbent towels.
- Should a product residue appear (white), agitate the surface with a white nylon scrubbing pad to loosen the residue.
- A full cure is achieved in 24 – 72 hours. Foot traffic can resume in 8 hours, driving in 24 hours.
- It is important that no water comes into contact with newly sealed surfaces for at least 24 hours after application.
- If polishing is required after treatment, continue the process of grinding, honing and polishing progressively with a finer diamond pads until high gloss finish is achieved.
- Clean tools used during application with water.
Application rate depends on porosity and age of the surface, temperature and method of application and ranges between 5 – 20 sqms per litre.
Use PCA Stone Soap™ for daily/weekly cleaning. Use PCA Stone Degreaser™ for stain spot cleaning and periodical cleans.